Running Metabolic Performance Test
Optimize Performance & INSCYD PPD-R provides the same level of accuracy as lab testing
Can be done from anywhere - GPS watch required
Houston & Surrounding Areas, Austin Areas - other locations inquire
With the launch of the most ACCURATE remote testing-
Optimize Performance & INSCYD now enable runners and coaches to perform
remote performance testing with lab level accuracy.
This virtual human performance lab gives you a wealth of
data independent of location.
“I use VLamax as the main parameter to prepare the training.”
Coach of World Champion Triathlete Jan Frodeno, Anne Haug & Team BORA
The Running Performance Test eliminates the need to go a testing lab to gather physiological and performance metrics.
It captures all the data you would get in a lab – and more – in a simple field test. Lab-level analysis of your body’s performance is now possible with just a GPS watch and Optimize Performance + INSCYD Analysis.
* Test can be done FROM ANYWHERE : Track, Path, Road or Treadmill
* FOR ANYONE WHO CAN RUN or WALK/JOG 5k : ALL LEVELS
* Test can be done OVER MULTIPLE DAYS for leg recovery
* The runner completes a test protocol of 4 intervals using just a GPS watch.
* By performing the intervals outdoors, test results are more relevant to training and racing environments, compared to treadmill lab tests. In other words: there is no loss of accuracy due to projecting lab treadmill data to outdoor running.
* After completing the intervals, the athlete exports the .fit file from the watch and emails to Optimize Performance . Within 24 hours, the evaluation results in the most complete and accurate metabolic profiling will be available to the athlete and coach.
* IF the athlete needs to re-do any portion of the test, it is at no extra cost *as long as it is completed prior to full profile/report creation.
* From there, Optimize Performance and the coach/athlete review the test results, and can formulate actionable training plans and goal assessments.
Although only a GPS watch is needed for the testing, the PPD-R software is able to use and compare lab test data (e.g. VO2) and field tests (e.g. lactate measurements).
Testing, Analysis & Report offers up the following data:
Full 360 degree profile & MORE
This athlete profile allows coaches to measure
and quantify the respective athlete’s unique
characteristics, resulting in a laser focused
training plan to improve race performances
and help athletes reach goals.
Key facts about Remote Testing:
Accuracy: Standard tolerance is on par with state-of-the-art lab testing, e.g. VO2max divergence is 2.5%, threshold is 2.2% - in line with the most accurate metabolic carts (and without requiring power meter conversions from lab to training equipment).
Capture race decisive glycolytic power (VLamax) without the need to visit a lab. The secret weapon of professional coaches is now available to all coaches by working with Optimize Performance.
Reporting - Athletes get a 360-degree physiological assessment
Coaches can now test remotely – for the first time ever, coaches don’t have to be with their athletes for performance testing. Athletes complete a field test on their own time, alone. When done, the athlete submits the ride file for their coach to input into INSCYD.
Renders traditional physiological lab testing OBSOLETE – Faster, less expensive, more accurate, all without the overhead of measuring lactate and or VO2
Founded in 2017, INSCYD is the leading scientific software, used by top cycling, triathlon, swim, speed skating, and rowing teams/federations and coaches. INSCYD has been called the 'perfect solution to understand how training effects the adaption of specific physiological systems’ by Dennis Sandig, of German Triathlon Federation. INSCYD offers coaches and lab owners software for power testing, lactate testing and lab testing (metabolic cart).